Monday, 10 October 2011

(continued) My restless mission trip...

Fifth day

We finally set off to our next destination, Cambodia. We had to wake up at 4:30 am for the long trip.This place was hard to go. We had to ride a car and it rocked like hell. The car was shaking so hard that I nearly threw up on my friend next to me. When we arrived, I saw some kids playing in the mud that cows, dogs, chickens etc. had shit on. We also met a boy named Israel, he was holding a package that to us looked like a trash but to him, it was his lunchbox. He had vegetables and rice mixed together and was going to school like that. Seeing this poor boy made me thank God for letting me this great family. Also, I felt a little sorry for this guy because he was so thin and bruised.
We stayed in the school to sleep and the christian principle told us why he poured all his money to build a Christian school. That story made my heart move.


Sixth day

Only it was one day sleep in Cambodia, we got to at least preach to some man in town. Our next arrival is a place in Thailand called Chiang Mai. So I got packed to go for a long, long bus trip. But first, we had to go to Bangkok to take the bus going to Chiang Mai.When we arrived at Bangkok we seperate our group into 2 groups. As Laos was a dangerous place for a missionay, the main group was decided to go to Chiang Mai and only 12 People were allowed to go to Laos. I was in the Chiang Mai group. It took us over night around 8~12 hours to reach there. Cheese niblets! I was bored that I was going nuts. It was a total fiasco.

Seventh day

We arrived at Chiang Mai in the morning . At that place, a Chiang Mai Korean missionay was already waiting for us. When everyone got out, we went to eat a porridge for breakfast. But we didn't expect that they put in our worst food enemy called 'ginger'. Nobody liked it and nobody, not even the adults that were in Chiang Mai for few years, hated it. Then we set off to our hotel. it was awesome. But that does not really matter. Anyway, we went up the mountain which there was a church and there were about 20 people living in a church because they were orphans and bording students. I made friends real quick and played with them for two days until we went. (Sorry readers, I forgot to take a picture of them.)


to be continued........ (again)

No comments:

Post a Comment