Monday, 5 November 2012

Awaking from a deep sleep

-->

Recently, I woke up with strange surroundings. I was naked on a bed with a blanket over me and medicine tubes going all over my body. I couldn’t remember my past as clearly but I was sure about one thing. I was not on my bed at home.

I was at PMH (Princess Margaret Hospital) in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit). I did not know how I ended up in the hospital bed and tried to remember what happened. However, trying to think made my head throbbed with the sharpest of pain. My parents were beside me. My father usually works overseas but him being there made me wonder when he came, because I did not have a single clue why he was here and I do not remember him coming. I should be in my cozy bed, relaxing myself. Instead I had no memories of the past and why I ended up in hospital. That made me very curious.

I asked my mother why I ended up in PMH, she answered me with shocking news. I had a seizure one night and I was taken to the Fremantle Hospital with my godfather Alvin. Then I had another one of these attacks and the hospital transported me to a bigger hospital in Perth, the Princess Margaret Hospital. I was knocked out for few days and I had a hard time breathing so they put an oxygen mask on me. I was in darkness until I was brought back to life with a miracle.

Mom told me that I was unconscious for over 4 days and to be honest, I cannot remember anything during this time. It was a big blank and it was as though 4 days of my life was erased from me.  During this time, I was told that I had 7 seizures in total and each time the attack happened, my poor mom was horror struck and on the verge of collapsing. She did not eat or sleep for 3 days but just stood by my side. I realized how much she loved me and cared about me. This made my heart melt from her love. 

During this time in ICU, many people told the news to my family and friends and to the church members and this news was quickly spread all over the world such as Korea, Singapore, India, Cambodia and much more. The news was spread to lots of churches and during these 4 days, they prayed for me. With a lot of prayers from everyone, I gained my consciousness.

I started having seizures the first day I went to hospital and with a MRI scan, they found out that there was an inflammation on my left side of the brain. Because of this, I have forgotten some recent memories. My father came in a hurry from Philippines after he heard that I got a seizure. My mother was really frightened that day. My father was overseas and with my mother alone, she didn’t know what to do. She called my godfather for help and I was taken to the hospital unconscious.

I stayed in hospital for another 5 days. It wasn’t so fun as you can’t really do anything but to lie down in bed all day long. I always had many visitors and lots of messages on my phone. The visitors brought food along with them and there were so much I couldn’t finish all of them so I had to finish them off at home.

I got better very quickly and the hospital discharged me. While I was going home, my father became hungry and as he was a big fan of KFC, we decided to eat there. While he went in to order food, I had a headache so I rested for a little while. When I woke up, I was back in hospital and my mother was crying her eyes out. I knew what had happened. I had another seizure.

I was in hospital for another 2 days and this time they discharged me, they gave me loads of medicines to take. They gave me Kepra and some steroids (not those ones that you get big muscles). I had to take them for at least 2 months and it could drag on for another 6 months.

As I am a patient still and take medicines, there are new rules until the doctors say I am fully recovered. Some of these are: no computer time more then 15 minutes, no Coca Cola, no physical activities, etc. These are some of the things that keep me alive and without these I can’t last a month! (Well maybe I can)

I thank all the people who prayed for me while I was in hospital and through these experiences, I learnt that our God, is one true God who has powers to do all things. When I grow up, I want to help those who are in need and help the people who can’t go to hospitals because they are poor.

Thank you for reading.

Many thanks to:
-friends
-school
-family
-godparents
-Christian churches in Australia, Singapore, India, Cambodia and Korea
-people who know me

5 comments:

  1. We cannot but see God's hand watching over you so clearly Ronny even though you were unconscious. Please never forget his goodness and indeed, we pray that you will be able to to help those in need when you grow up. So proud of you.

    Lots of love,
    Godpa n Godma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ronny, thanks for sharing your story! So glad to hear you are better, thank God :) Try to stick to the new rules - they will only last for one month and maybe soon you can do what you enjoy. Hang in there! And hold on to your dream of helping poor people get to the hospital when they need it.
    Lots of Love,
    Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been through a lot. I am not sure why God sometimes allows tough things to happen to us but I know He always has a purpose. And He will see us through.
    (Pastor Soo Inn, from Evangel Church, Singapore.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ronny, so glad to read your update! This is nothing less than an miracle! Indeed, a supernatural touch and healing from Jesus. Not too sure how the inflammation in your brain happens, but very certain that God has a great plan for your life! Stay close to Jesus!
    God protect and bless..
    Uncle Kenneth and Jena Aw, Evangel Church Singapore

    ReplyDelete