My proudest day was when I chose to take a test to enter John Curtin College of Arts. I made this decision because art is my favorite subject and wanted to do more of it. I also chose to do this test because this school is a good school and I may be able to discover my dream. At first, I had no intension of going to that school when my mother asked me. I thought to myself “I’ll never make it, because all good schools come with high expectations”. However I couldn’t say no to my dear mother so I said I’ll give it a try. The time flew past and the test date was just suddenly around the corner. With every passing day, I became nervous like a lamb being led to slaughter.
At the test day, I went to Applecross High School. I was very anxious this day. When the time was ready for my test, I went in to face my destiny. The test evaluated my drawing skills. When I was having my test, I felt quite apprehensive but I got over it and tried to work confidently. Then while I was in the middle of my drawing, they said it was already half time. It got me stressed and made me work faster. Eventually I made it in time to hand my drawing in. I felt very relieved. Soon I did different tests like inspirations test and copying test. These weren’t much of a trouble.
When I was doing the inspiration test, I had to look at a piece of printed art and predict what will happen. I was imagining about a bunch of kids in a capsule looking containers that was floating down the river and their parents waving a goodbye to them. I thought of them going into a portal that was at the end of the river. So they ended up living in the future. This task was not so complicated because all I needed was creative imagination. Then, we moved along to another room where there were bottles, a doll, few plant pots and a cloth over the table. Then the task manager instructed us to draw the objects on the table. It took us a fair bit of time to finish but I managed to do it easily. This was because I was good at accurate but quick drawing. However the problem was that I was not able to make small images large enough to fit the page. So my drawing was minute. Even though it was not perfect, it was still quite easy.
Few months later, about a month or two, there was a mail in our letterbox. I got curious about the sender, which was from John Curtin College of the Arts. I was so nervous that I was shacking like a leaf therefore I asked my mother to open the letter with me. After the message was read out by her, we were ready to jump over the moon together. This was because the letter was about me passing the test to enter John Curtin College of Arts. Right now, I can not wait for the year to pass quickly. I’m very proud of myself for being able to be accepted. That day was indeed the proudest day of my life.


I was really really proud of Ronny,my son.
ReplyDeleteAs your father,the day you got a mail from John Curtin Collage of Arts was indeed the proudest of my life too.